The signs of low vibration in a person are many. They are all connected to a wide spectrum of feelings, all negativity based.
That is a very sweeping statement, isn’t it. I did try to soften my approach here, but there isn’t an easy way to say it. Low vibrational living is a direct expression of your emotional state based on your inner world and how you perceive your life, yourself and those around you.
Having a low vibration in your life, is different to low vibrational living. Let me explain:
Your vibration is your energetic frequency, it is the way you ‘hum’ to the Universe. This can change at any moment, day to day. To give you an example of what I mean, think about a time in your life when you were having a great time, laughing, joking with friends, then the phone rings, and you receive bad news, and your good mood is erased in a second. This is your vibration dropping.
For me I know that if I’m happy and joyful (I mostly live this way) it can all change if I turn on the TV and watch the news. Hearing about the plight of our World makes my vibration plummet, I can feel shock, fear, sadness all together in a rush, a low vibration of my energy without a doubt.
AND, there is nothing wrong with this. Responding to the outside world in the moment is living, it is experiencing all that we are and as humans we are a goodly amount of fear, sadness, anger, resentment, guilt, jealousy, anxiety, stress and need, to name a few of the low vibrational emotions.
These low vibrations can bring physical symptoms with them.
- Experiencing tightness in the chest and/or diaphragm
- Having rapid breathing
- Finding you have shaking hands
- Having digestive problems
- Feeling a heaviness in the body
- Experiencing physical pain
- Feeling nauseous
- Having a dry mouth
These physical symptoms can escalate and lead to more chronic conditions that limit your life considerably. Such as constant migraines, auto-immune disorders, depression, chronic fatigue and panic attacks to name but a few.
While experiencing these symptoms and emotions the responses made to the situations in your life will be made from a low vibrational place, often not helpful or ‘bigger picture’ views of life.
You may recognise some of these:
- Feeling that you are a victim in a situation
- Feeling judged or judging others
- Feeling stuck as fear holds you hostage to change
- Feeling that you need to control everything around you to feel safe
- Giving too much of yourself as a way of feeling worthy
- Hearing an inner dialogue of mind chatter
- Working yourself to the bone or to burnout to prove you can succeed
- Exploding in anger over little things
- Holding resentment through fear of speaking up about what you believe
- Mind reading what others may be thinking and acting up on your ‘mind reading’
- Taking everything around you personally
For the record, I’ll repeat here, that low vibration is a part of everyday life, as are high vibrations, and is an energetic response to emotions, thoughts and beliefs. Our tears are as valid as our laughter, our hunger and tiredness as normal as feeling energised and satiated. BUT, living with constant low vibration can take you into low vibrational living which is something else completely.
Low vibrational living means looking at life through a pair of dark and dirty glasses rather than rosy ones. Or with the proverbial glass half empty as opposed to half full. Low vibrational living is when the sunshine rarely shines and when it does its too hot. It is when the rain brings flood instead of life giving water and when a breeze turns into a hurricane destroying rather than gently changing the air.
Low vibrational living can change. Actually, and this may be controversial, low vibrational living is a choice. Perhaps an unconscious one, but a choice no less.
So today, if you’ve recognised any of the above, decide to notice what is going on within you. The next time you feel your vibration drop ask yourself:
- Is this response valid?
- Is there another higher perspective here?
- Does this feeling, emotion, perspective serve me?
- Can I let this go?
- What can I do to choose to lift my vibration and feel better now?
As with everything in my life, I journal all of this out of me. I gives me my own accountability partner in the terms of the pages of my writing and I get to see months later how far I’ve come in shifting my vibration day to day.
If you’d like to experience your own shift. Join me here on my #10DayShift®